Wednesday, January 11, 2012

HELLO? STILL HERE!

It's been a while since I've posted, mostly because there's been nothing worth posting.  My schedule's been kind of messed up since getting back home for the new year, but it will be back on track on Saturday.  I've still been able to get in all my lifting though.  Last night was overhead pressing.  I need to start consolidating my exercises, because sometimes I do too many different ones.  It would just be faster, easier, and possibly more effective if I just did a few more sets of the same big exercises.  Last night was a good example of how I'd like to set things up for pressing:

Behind-the-neck press:  worked up to 215 x 1.  This felt really good, even though I had a really crappy (slippery) bar.  Handfuls of chalk helped a little bit.
Barbell Row: last time I did 4 sets of 285x6.  Last night my back was a little bit sore from deadlifting, so I could only do one set of those. Then I just did 225 x 8 for 4 sets instead.
Barbell Curl: 105 x 10 x 3 sets
Log Clean and Press (cleaned each rep this time): 135 x 4, 155x4, 175x4, 195x3
The log felt pretty good.  I think my best on this is 225 x 1, so I am going to try to incorporate more rep work into my routine so I can be proficient with this monster log we have.
Okay, that's all for now.  Getting a massage tonight (first time ever!).  I'll let you know how that goes later in the week.  It should be pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be adults...