Friday, February 24, 2012

Deadlift Training!!!

Three exclamation points because it was one of those great sessions that only comes around once every 2 months or so.  The goal was to work up to 490 pounds for a single.  That's about 95% of my training max, but I calculated low for that, because I want to allow room for progress.  Everything was feeling fast, so I put on my belt just for my last set and hit 490 for 5 reps!  Felt great and I think I could have gotten one more.  So this puts me at around a 570 pound deadlift.  I won't actually try that for quite a while.  My goal this year is to deadlift 600 pounds.  Who knows, maybe it will come well before the year is over.  Also, definitely broke the neck harness at the gym last night.  I was doing neck raises w/ 60 pounds, and all of a sudden the leather strap breaks and the plates fall everywhere.  Either I will have to buy a heavy duty one, or make one myself.  Something like this maybe.  Anyway, gotta get going, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be adults...