Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Deadlifting and Benching

I'm changing things up a bit.  My typical cycle is a 4-day per week, 3-week block, then a deload week the 4th week.  Well I'm always excited to go to the gym on my deload week, so I figure my body can handle it!  So I'm taking the same workouts, but spreading them out to 3 days per week.  On Saturdays I'll try to do strongman events.  When I'm not training with a group, I can flip tire, do log pressing, and farmer's walks.  So my monthly cycle will be spread out to 5 weeks: four weeks of lifting, one week of deload.  I think this will work for me!

Monday was deadlift day:
Clean: worked up to 195 x 3 (horrible, but will get better)
Deadlift: worked up to 495 x 3
Front Squat: 245 x 5 x 4 sets
Rack pulls at mid-shin with shrug: 405 x 10 x a bunch

Tuesday:
Bench:  up to 240 x 7
Close grip bench:  210 x 7 x 4 sets
BB Row:  285 x 8 x 4 sets
Circus DB Press: 90x5 (ugh), 80x5 (double ugh)...decided to quit that
Front raise/side raise combo: 25 x 8 x 8 x 8

Done.  Tomorrow I will do some grip and ab work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be adults...