Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Overhead Pressing

Last night was heavy overhead pressing (heavy for me anyway, you'll see some really heavy stuff in the video below).  Worked up to 195x3 on overhead press.  The third one was an absolute grinder and probably took about 10 seconds to complete.  But I tried to not push press the bar like I have been.  This will help my triceps get stronger.  After that I moved on to barbell rows, 255x10 for 5 sets.  Close grip bench 215x7, x7, x7, x8.  Front/lateral raise: 20x8, x8, x9.  DB Shrugs 120 (each hand) x 25.  Also did lots of bodyweight pullups between sets because I feel like this will help my pressing.

Here's a training video from Derek Poundstone.  If you don't know Derek, he's a strongman competitor, and has competed at the World's Strongest Man, as well as many other events, such as the upcoming Arnold.  He's also 330 pounds and a true athlete.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be adults...