Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Training the past few days

Sorry for the long break between posts.

Saturday was strongman training.  We went through car deadlifts (side handles) up to 800 pounds, sandbag carries (250 pounds??), atlas stones over 56" bar, and one other thing I can't remember.  I did much better with the stones this time.  The 250 pound stone was flying over the bar, but I'm still a little off on the 300 pound stone.  Just gotta work on that technique and I'll get it.  Monday I did some squatting (in my new shoes! I will tell that story soon), and tonight I did some benching, rowing and overhead pressing.  Shoulders are still immobile and I can feel my lower back extending every time I push a bar over my head.  It's frustrating, and it feels like my shoulders go numb right at the top of the press.  It's really weird, and I wish I had the money to go to someone who knows what they're doing and get some massage and corrective exercises.  If I want to compete in strongman, overhead pressing is a huge part of that.  No one benches in a strongman competition.  Back at it on Thursday night with deadlifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be adults...