Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Strongman Saturday

Did events by myself on Saturday at my normal gym, since my parents came to visit.  I was hoping to get it done in an hour and a half, but it ended up being two hours.  Takes forever to do this stuff when you have to load all by yourself.  Here's what I did:


Log Clean and Press (cleaned once)
As I've mentioned before pressing is terrible for me, so I just have to do it more often.  I tried to keep more reps in rather than go for an all out max.  Don't have my log in front of my, but I believe I worked up to 205x2, then backed off with 190x3, x3.  Anyway, not bad, and better than I was at this time last year I guess.

Farmer's walks
I believe the bars we have are 55 pounds.  I have really no idea though.  They feel at least as heavy as a regular barbell, so I just count them as 45 pounds to make the math easy in my head.  Started with 135 pounds down and back, which is probably a total of about 80 to 100 feet.  I counted one trip as "down," about 50 feet.  Also, that's 135 each hand.  So 135x2 (that's down AND back), 225x2, x2, 275x1, x1.  The 275's made me feel like my fingers were going to pop off my hand, so that was awesome.

After that I was pretty spent, and I went downstairs and flipped the tire very briefly.  Six fast flips one way, about a minute or two break, then four terrible flips the other way.  Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be adults...