Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Training and a Competiiton

Well I'm taking the plunge and decided to do a strongman competition.  The date is June 2nd, and right now the events are a tire flip for distance, farmer's walk for distance, atlas stone loading, sled pull, and log press for maximum weight.  Right now at my gym, I've got the farmer's walk handles (at home too), and 14" log.  We also have a tire, but right now it's locked away in the basement, so I can't get at it.  I'll have to figure that one out soon.  I've got some atlas stones here at home, but they are not very heavy, and I'd like to get one or two more to train with.  I also have a homemade wooden sled.  It's not that great though and really hard to load weight onto.  The sled at the competition is supposedly being loaded with 550 pounds, so I need to figure out how to get something heavy on it.

On to training:
Monday I did bench pressing and decided I need to up my training weight just a little bit.  215 for 12 reps isn't anything spectacular, but I wasn't expecting 12 reps, and I need to work heavier.  Tonight I did some light hip thrusts, some overhead pressing, and light farmer's walks.  Not sure how much the farmer's handles weigh at the gym, but my guess is around 40 pounds... I just call it 45 pounds in my training log because it's easy to add the weight in my head (since 45 pounds is the same as a normal barbell).  Tomorrow night I'll be doing some deadlifts, and maybe practicing more cleans.  I did hit a 215 pound clean this past weekend.  It wasn't too hard, and I hope to progress quickly.  I also got a present in the mail (from myself!) and I'll post video of me playing around with it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be adults...