Tuesday, November 15, 2011

WELCOME AND MONDAY'S TRAINING

Welcome to the blog! Good to have you here.  This blog is mainly a vehicle for my training.  I want to keep track of what I'm doing, where I'm going, share any goals I have, and post information for competitions.

Here's how I train:
I like the big, compound movements because they give you the most bang for your buck.  I don't want to spend 2 hours in the gym 5 to 6 days a week working my arms and chesticles (I'm making that a word) from every conceivable angle.  Nope, I'm going to stick with squats, deadlifts, rows, bench presses, standing presses, and other lifts that are variations of those movements.  So the 1/2 of a reader I have right now, you probably have heard all this before.  But I just wanted to get it out there so people know what to expect from this blog.

I'll go into more detail on how I set up my training week in a future post.  Here's tonight's (Monday's) training:

Kneeling ab pulldown: 200 lbs x16, x15, x15
Goblet Rear Foot Elevated Split Squat:  45x8, 80x4, x3, x6
Chins (palms away): Bodyweight x 8, x6, x5
Shoulder Blade Pinch things (I can't think of the name right now): 110x12, 140x10, 170x10, x10
Front Squats (just for fun): 135x8, 225x5, 295x2

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be adults...